Patient Participation Group (PPG)
We are looking for new members to join our existing group of surgery users who care about the way our surgery works and the service it can provide. Research has found that PPGs can make a big difference. Read the document 21 Ways to Help your Practice Thrive.
Help us to Help you!
The first Patient Participation Group was set up by a GP in 1972 and many general practices in England now have a PPG. Generally made up of a group of volunteer patients, the practice manager and one or more of the GPs from the practice, they meet on a regular basis to discuss the services on offer, and how improvements can be made for the benefit of patients and the practice.
Once we have other patients interested in joining the current PPG, we hope that they will work with the Practice in order to identify priorities for all of our patients, and contribute to proposals for any improvements.
This group will work in partnership with our practice to:-
- Provide feedback on patient's needs, concerns and interests and challenge the Practice constructively whenever necessary.
- Serve as a 'safety valve' for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the Practice; representing patients but also helping them to understand the Practice's viewpoint.
- Communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare.
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care.
- Be as representative of the patient population as possible.
- Contribute to Practice decision making and consult on service development and provision.
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy, by encouraging and supporting activities within the Practice and promoting preventative medicine.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.