Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges and these could take up to 40 days to complete. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (PSV, Taxi, Occ Health etc.). We no longer provide HGV medicals
- Insurance claim/cancellation forms
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad.
- Private sick notes and Private prescriptions
- Vaccination certificates / Private immunisations / Private blood tests
- Fitness to travel certificates.
- Firearms Licencing & Medical forms
- Court Exemption letters
- Simple GP signature / stamp
- Certificate completion
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them.
It’s important to understand that GPs are self employed and offer their services to the NHS and they have to cover their costs eg staff, building, heating, lighting etc. The NHS cover these costs for NHS work, but not for non-NHS work.
For more information on why GPs charge fees for the above services please click here.