Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know by completing the form at the bottom of the page – we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and support – Information for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someone – Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital – Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from the hospital.
- Taking a break – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and Disability – Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- Being a Young carer – Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Helpline Information http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
Office Hours Lines are open 8 am to 9 pm Monday to Friday, 11 am to 4 pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.
Finance and Law
Help to claim benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role.
- Benefits for the under-65s – Advice and information on helping the person you look after getting the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Benefits for the over-65s – Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer’s Assessment – How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits.
- Other benefits – Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring.